COVID-19 has been the center of many facets of our lives over the past two years. Luckily, there might be a way out of this crisis after all. Governments around the world are now focusing on offering their populations access to COVID-19 vaccines and Kenya is no different.
Any Kenyan citizen above the age of 18 can walk into any of the accredited vaccination centers across the country and get vaccinated. (Subject to vaccine availability of course.)
With the Kenyan Government announcing a raft of new sanctions for Kenyans who haven’t been vaccinated, it is a race to the vaccination centers for persons not vaccinated yet. For those fully vaccinated, it might be wise to download your certificate now.
MOH directed that fully vaccinated people can download their certificate from the Chanjo platform and present it to travel agencies, hotels, bars, restaurants, National parks and public spaces that serve over 50 people in a day.
PROOF OF VACCINATION.
So yes, getting your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate in Kenya is pretty easy and this post, is a quick guide to obtaining the certificate.
It is recommended that you do this after getting the required doses as you won’t be issued with a certificate if you haven’t been fully vaccinated. Here’s how to easily get your Covid-19 certificate after being fully vaccinated:
- Go tohttps://portal.health.go.ke and create an account if you don’t have one already. It is important to ensure your info is correct so make sure you double check.
- Once on the Dashboard, you might be asked to enter your identification type, along with the ID number.
- Have you been vaccinated?
- You need to enter the ID Type and ID Number that you used when signing up to book an appointment or the one you provided at the Vaccination center.Select identification type (National ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, Alien ID, Military ID)
- Provide your email
- Insert your phone number and country code
- Enter Password, Confirm then Sign Up.
You will get the following instructions:
If you are not vaccinated, click register to open the registration form
All inputs with an asterisk (*) are required
Your identification is very important, ensure you enter the right details
Ensure you fill in the correct contact details as they will be used to send your next vaccination schedule message.
Your next of kin details are required.
Select your location of residence.
Select the allergies/pre-existing conditions that you have. If they are not in the list, fill in using the other allergies/conditions option.
Confirm your details then click submit to complete registration.
If you have already been vaccinated, click on VIEW YOUR INFO in the Dashboard. You can edit your details here, as well as VIEW CERTIFICATE.
The certificate confirms you have been vaccinated, the vaccine type and the dates for vaccination.
Go get vaccinated now and get your certificate.