EXCITING RADIO INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Are you a creative, tech-savvy, and passionate individual looking to kickstart your career in the exciting world of media production and social media management? Do you dream of being the voice behind the microphone, shaping the airwaves, and connecting with audiences far and wide? If so, we have the perfect internship opportunity for you!
Haki FM is a contemporary online radio station that addresses legal needs, and aspirations of the citizenry, based and broadcasting from Nairobi, Kenya. We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, creativity, professionalism, community engagement and our passion for storytelling that engages, informs, and entertains our audience.
As a Radio Intern at Haki FM, you will have the opportunity to;
- Gain practical experience in radio programming, production, and on-air hosting while contributing your creative ideas and assisting with content development.
- Participate in live broadcasts, interviews, and promotions.
- Assist in the planning and execution of radio shows and podcasts.
- Edit audio content, including interviews, music, and sound effects.
- Collaborate with the production team to brainstorm and develop new radio content ideas.
- Assist with video shoots, including camera operation, lighting, and sound.
- Edit and post-process video footage to create engaging content.
- Contribute to the development of creative video concepts.
- Assist with social media and online content generation and management to enhance our digital presence.
- Create and schedule social media posts across various platforms.
- Monitor social media channels, engage with the audience, and respond to comments.
- Analyze social media data to track performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Journalism, Communication, Literature, Education or related field.
- Have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for radio, a deep love for music and storytelling, video production, as well as social media management.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in audio and video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity).
- Commit to a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Have basic computer skills and familiarity with audio editing software (e.g., Adobe Audition).
- Familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram).
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail.
What You’ll Gain.
- Practical experience in radio broadcasting and video production.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a media production company.
- Skills in social media strategy, content creation, and audience engagement.
- Networking opportunities within the media industry.
- Acquired valuable hands-on experience in.
How to Apply.
If you’re ready to embark on this exciting radio journey with us, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this internship, and any relevant work or school references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before COB, Friday, 29 September 2023.